What up all you Spoonhunters out there?
大家好想死你们啦 It’s Adam, back again, continuing the dessert series.
我是亚当,我们今天继续去探索中国甜品 And today we’re going to get something that’s really popular in parts of Asia.
今天我们要去吃在亚洲部分地区很流行的, Korea, Japan, and in China, and we’re going to get Mochi.
在韩国,日本,还有中国,我们要去吃麻吉 In Chinese, it’s called “Nian Gao.”
在中国这个叫年糕 It’s basically like a big rice ball with filling on the inside that’s sweet.
有点像一个大的糯米球里面包了甜的馅 Let’s go get it!
我们去吃吧 “What is the main ingredient in this?”
这个主料是什么 “Glutinous Rice.”
糯米? “Glutinous rice?”
糯米 “Then why do you use this really big thing to hit the rice?”
然后为什么你用这个很大的东西打这个 “You hit the glutinous rice to make it stickier, so you can make Mochi.”
糯米一打就成面了,才可以做这个东西 “How do you know when you’re done hitting it?”
你怎么知道打好了 “It takes about 40 minutes.”
差不多40分钟吧 “40 minutes?” “Yes”
40分钟?对 “After you’re done hitting it what do you do?”
你打好以后做什么? “What is that? What is that powder?”
那是什么东西?那个粉 “Is it sweet?”
是甜的吗 “No, it’s not sweet.”
不甜 There are a lot of different that flavors we can try.
有很多不同口味的打糕 There are 8 different trays here, so let’s get a few of them and try them out.
有8种口味,我们来多试几个 “Hi. Can I order Red Bean Mochi.”
你好,我要一个红豆 “One Black Sesame.”
一个黑芝麻 “One of the almond ones.”
还有一个杏仁的 “And then the Pork Floss Mochi.”
还有那个肉松的 “Yeah. And then some of the small mochi balls.”
还有一点点那个小的年糕 “So, these are the 5 flavors that we got of the Mochi.”
所以我们买了5种口味的打糕 They’re really heavy because they are just packed in rice dough,
它们都蛮重的因为用米包裹着 but with flavor inside.
里面还有馅料 We’re going to start with the little ones because the big ones look pretty daunting.
我们先来吃这个小的打糕,大的看起来有点吓人 Let’s take one of these little guys.
来吃一下这个小不点 They’re really bouncy and chewy.
很Q很有嚼劲 They’re basically just regular rice cakes. They don’t taste like a whole lot.
但是吃起来就感觉只是米饭,味道很淡 Just kind of a filling snack.
是一个填饱肚子的小吃 So let’s see if we can tackle one of these bigger ones.
看看我能不能解决这些大的 I’m going to start with the almonds.
我要先从杏仁的开始 I don’t know how to eat it with this tiny little fork,
我都不知道用这个小叉子怎么吃 just try to stab it all the way through.
看看能不能叉起来 It’s too heavy! I might have to eat it with my hands.
太重了!我还是用我的手吃吧 You can see that there are even some walnuts on the inside as well.
你可以看到上面有一些果仁 So I think it’s almond powder, some sugar and a little bit of walnuts.
我觉得应该是杏仁粉,糖,还有一些碎果仁 Bottoms up!
干杯 The almond one is really good actually!
杏仁口味其实很不错! It still maintains that bouncy and really chewy consistency.
就像我说的吃起来很q弹很有嚼劲 But the almond powder, the ground up almonds with sugar makes it really sweet,
但是因为裹了杏仁粉所以吃起来甜甜的, and a little bit nutty. It’s really good!
还有坚果的香味,非常棒 It’s huge though. Look how big this thing is!
好大一块,你看你看 Oh my god! I lost some!
啊!我掉了一些 Ah tragic.
悲剧 *Laughter in the background*
摄制组在笑… Next one: Pork Floss. Look at this!
下一个,肉松口味的 Let’s try the pork floss rice cake.
来试看看 This one’s a little bit weird.
这个有点奇怪 Pork floss tastes kind of like barbecue. It’s sweet and salty meat.
肉松吃起来像烧烤味,又有点甜咸甜咸的 With the Mochi it just tastes, I don’t know, super weird.
和打糕合在一起,我觉得好奇怪 Wanna try some?
你要试试吗 “No thanks!”
不要谢谢 Let’s go back to something sweet. We don’t even need the fork.
我们再来试点甜的,我们不需要叉子了 Just use our hands.
直接用手 Red bean. Ah, this is one of my favorite fillings in any Chinese dessert.
红豆口味的,是我最喜欢的馅料 Not overly sweet, but
不会太甜 still great.
非常棒 Mmmmm, wow it’s really good. Right away you get hit with the red bean flavor.
哇,这个好吃!买红豆味的就没错了 You can see the paste on the inside.
看看里面的样子 Smooth.
很顺滑 Great.
很香 Sweet. It’s a great dessert.
甜甜的,非常好吃 Oh, these are really messy!
我吃的乱七八糟 *Ladies sitting near by laughing at me*
旁边的中国女士在笑我 A nice lady nearby saw that I was struggling with all the stuff on my face.
一个路过的女士看到我吃的满脸都是, She gave me this nice, cute little napkin. Captain America!
给了我一张纸巾,还是美国队长的
A nice lady nearby saw that I was struggling with all the stuff on my face.
一个路过的女士看到我吃的满脸都是, She gave me this nice, cute little napkin. Captain America!
给了我一张纸巾,还是美国队长的 Thank you!
谢谢 *Laughing at me again*
又在笑我了 Back to business. Last one!
好了回导正经事 Black Sesame.
黑芝麻的 That one’s good too!
这个也很不错 It’s kind of like Tang Yuan: those black bean (sesame) buns that you break it open
有点像汤圆,一口咬下去黑芝麻的香味溢出来 and the black bean (sesame) taste just spills out.
然后再吃到浓浓的黑芝麻 Not as sweet as the red bean, but still sweet enough that it’s a good dessert.
不会过甜,甜度恰如其分 You know, overall it’s a fun dessert.
总体来说是个很有趣的中国甜点 Really heavy though, so don’t get too much like I did.
还挺重的,别买太多了像我这样 Takes a while to eat.
要吃好久 See you next time!
下回再见!